Bumisuka.com – Effects of Masturbation on the Brain and Can Reduce Memory. Masturbation is a normal sexual activity for both men and women, although in some countries it is still considered taboo.
Masturbation is known to have positive effects, but not a few negative effects, especially if done in excess. There are many rumors and myths circulating about masturbation, one of which has an impact on brain health by reducing memory. Is that right? Summarized from Medical News Today, Healthline, and Man Matters, check out the facts below!
1. Effects of masturbation on the brain
Many scientific studies have proven the positive effects on the brain of masturbation activity. Basically, masturbation is the same as any other sexual activity that can provide sexual pleasure. This is what makes this activity can release several hormones that have a good effect on the body.
Some of the hormones released during masturbation include:
- Dopamine, a hormone often referred to as the “happiness hormone”, can make you feel better.
- Endorphins are the body’s natural pain relievers. This substance can also relieve stress and make the body calmer.
- Oxytocin, otherwise known as the “love hormone” and is associated with social bonding.
- Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps regulate happiness, optimism, and satisfaction. This hormone can also improve mood.
2. Is it true that masturbation has the effect of reducing memory?
In a healthy or normal level of masturbation will not cause memory loss. However, compulsive masturbation or masturbation that is done excessively has a bad effect on the body, even affects the mental state.
Compulsive masturbation makes the body tired and causes the brain to be depleted of the hormone acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter. The body replaces acetylcholine with stress adrenaline which can cause memory loss and lack of focus. Therefore, excessive masturbation can lead to memory loss.
3. Negative effects of masturbation
Although masturbation can have a positive effect on the body, however, if done excessively can have a bad effect. Excessive masturbation can make physical injuries, such as skin irritation and cramps in the genitals.
In addition, compulsive masturbation can make the body tired which causes confusion and lack of focus, eventually daily activities will be disrupted.
4. What if you are addicted to masturbation?
Anything in excess is not good. If you feel like you’ve been masturbating too much or have fallen into an addiction that interferes with your daily life, the following tips can help reduce and prevent excessive masturbation:
- Avoid watching pornographic films.
- Exercise regularly.
- Increase social activity.
- Do hobbies or things that keep you busy.
- Get help from a professional such as a psychologist or sexual health specialist.
Masturbation has a good effect on the body as long as it is done within normal limits. Masturbating or not is a personal choice. Choose what is good for you, do it if you need it, and avoid it if you feel masturbating makes you uncomfortable.